The Grand Opera House is Northern Ireland’s premier theatre, the only Victorian Theatre in Northern Ireland, built by the renowned architect Frank Matcham in 1895. The Theatre presents an outstanding programme of drama, dance, opera, comedy, musicals and family shows.
Grand Opera House Mission Statement: Creating and delivering extraordinary experiences for everyone
Grand Opera House Vision: Enriching lives
Aims & Values
The Grand Opera House aims:
- To present a world class theatrical experience
- To extend and enhance our reputation nationally and internationally
- To exercise the responsible stewardship of our landmark building
- To maintain a distinctive Education and Outreach Programme
- To sustain and develop a successful organisation
- To provide a positive experience whether visiting or working at the Theatre
The Grand Opera House’s overriding principles are to respect and champion all arts activities, raise the profile of artists based in Northern Ireland among audiences and critics nationally and internationally, and bring the best national and international productions to Northern Ireland. The Theatre also promotes inclusivity and accessibility with a range of access performances, activities and events, as well as facilities and services to support everyone.
The Grand Opera House is a proud member and supporter of the following organisations: