Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2020
How would you describe your mum? Is she your inspiration, your best friend, a true superstar? However, you describe your mum she deserves to be spoilt this Mother’s Day (Sunday 22 March) and the Grand Opera House have some fantastic productions to suit every mum this year. To take the hassle out of present buying we thought we would compile a handy gift guide to help you find something to suit even the hardest-to-please mum.
- Does your mother know that you are a Supertropper? If not, why not lay all your love on her and buy her tickets to the ultimate girls’ night out. The first musical in our newly restored auditorium is MAMMA MIA!Take a chance on this West-End smash-hit musical and you won’t regret it! Are you shouting Gimme, Gimme, Gimme? You should be, as after all the winner takes it all! Well, the brownie points from mum at least! Book tickets here: Mamma Mia!
- Is your mum a soul sister? Then we have a ticket on the soul train just for her, with more than 20 classic soul songs performed live on stage including Mustang Sally, Night Train, Try A Little Tenderness, River Deep, Mountain High, In The Midnight Hour, I Heard It Through The Grapevine, Knock On Wood and many more! The Commitments is an awarding-winning musical, which will be the perfect treat for your mum! Book tickets here: The Commitments
- What about a night at the ballet? Would your mum like to escape with the Sugar Plum Fairy into a land of dreams; and a story lifted straight from the pages of a classic fairy tale. With choreography by Scottish Ballet founder Peter Darrell, and live music played by the Scottish Ballet Orchestra, this ever-popular ballet is the perfect treat. The Nutcracker is a highlight of any ballet aficionado or newcomer’s diary. Book tickets now for an experience she won’t forget. Book tickets here: The Nutcracker
- This one will surely make your mum hopelessly devoted to you, as if she isn’t already! Grease is the world’s best-loved musical and we are guessing your mum loves it too! Buy tickets for her and her pink ladies to get all dressed up and relive that infamous 1950’s summer night. Book tickets here: Grease
- Does your mum say she’s going to run away and join the circus? Too many monkeys to wrangle up every day? Why not treat her to the ultimate family theatre experience? This year’s pantomime, Goldilocks and the Three Bears has a circus theme a nod to The Grand Opera House’s circus background and its guaranteed to be lots of fun for all the family. The pantomime takes to the stage from the 28 November – 12 January so why not make a date with your mum to have some family time this year? Book tickets here: Goldilocks and The Three Bears
- Your mum may not fit any of these descriptions, because she’s simply one of a kind. If so, then why not buy her a gift voucher, with lots of stunning shows to choose from and even more still to go on sale soon. With a gift voucher, your mum will have the pleasure of choosing something just right, from our programme of top-class entertainment in our newly refurbished Theatre. Buy Gift Vouchers here: Gift Vouchers
Or why not donate to our 125 Appeal dedicated to your mum. She will receive a letter of confirmation and thanks and will see her name on our dedicated supporters screen throughout the year, she will also receive an exclusive donators newsletter fortnightly.
125 Appeal Donor Benefits include:
- Seeing their name in lights on the supporter’s screen throughout the year.
- Receiving an exclusive newsletter
- A free theatre tour (including a picture on stage.)
Donate to the 125 Appeal here:125 Appeal